Pro tips for delighting customers and maximizing tips.
"Hi, I’m Your Postmate"
Good communication with customers is important to creating a 5-star experience and maximizing tips.
Call or Text
It can be helpful to communicate to customers if an issue comes up. We recommend introducing yourself and reaching out if:
- An item is unavailable and a substitution is needed
- There’s been a delay in the order due to severe traffic or merchant hold-ups
- You’re having trouble finding the customer at the drop-off
Presentation counts when it comes to satisfied customers and tips.
- Keeping items in the hot/cold bag until they are ready for customers
- Saying a friendly thank you to add a personal touch
Fast Deliveries, Happy Customers
Head straight to the pickup and straight to the drop-of when making deliveries to ensure customers get their items as fast as possible and maximize your earning potential.
- Don’t forget to click Start Pickup and Start Drop-off before navigating to the correct location
- Use Google Maps or Waze for accurate turn-by-turn navigation right in the Fleet app
- Hand the items to your customer at their front door
- Do not confirm the drop-off until you have successfully handed the items to the customer.
The Shopping List
Picking up at merchants is one of the most important parts of being a Postmate. We recommend:
- Triple checking the shopping list and grabbing napkins, condiments, and utensils
- Contacting the customer if an item isn’t available to ask for a substitution - call and text
- Marking items as unavailable if you are unable to contact the customer
Click on the Support button for any pickup or drop-of related issues (ex: Postmates card gets denied at the merchant).