When a delivery requires the customer’s identity or age to be verified, you'll be notified in-app or with a push notification when you begin drop off. Just in case, you'll also be sent a reminder notification once you arrive at the customer’s delivery address.
Typically a delivery needing the customer’s ID to be verified will contain any of the following items:
- Large Order Totals
Verify a Customer’s ID
When you arrive at the customer’s delivery address, be sure to verify their ID before giving them the order. You will use the Postmates Fleet app to scan the ID. You may be asked to manually enter the customer’s information if there are issues with your GPS or if the scan fails to capture the ID multiple times.
To get started, you’ll need to have the customer’s ID available to scan in-app.
Verify a Customer’s ID In-App
- Tap the Delivery Details Card shown at the bottom of the map
- Tap Complete Delivery and then Verify Customer Identification
- Select the customer’s ID type: a government issued driver’s license or a state ID.
- When prompted, follow the directions in-app to scan. You will need to scan the barcode on the BACK of the ID.
- Wait a few seconds for the verification to complete.
Once you successfully verify a customer's age or identity, you will be able to Slide to Complete and move onto your next delivery.